Good news! We have our Varsity patterns done! Well, done enough anyway. We don’t have one of the quilts quite finished, but we do have the actual pattern done- just not a pretty picture.
This collection is so much fun, and while we have spent most of our time on our Spirit quilt (still working on it), we love how the other patterns turned out. This one is my favorite. It is called “Prep” and measures 64″ x 64″.
We wanted something with an argyle pattern- and the easiest way to accomplish that was to actually quilt the argyle pattern.
Next is a design we call “The Stadium”. Love, love, love the reds in this collection. And what is better than a red and white quilt?
Here is a close-up of the quilting.
And the back is made from our favorite baseball stitching print. Notice how the circles look like baseballs. Well, at least to me!
The last quilt is called “Home Plate”. It may be my favorite. It just isn’t finished yet, so all we have is a digital image. But I do love the design of the blocks.
As always, we are offering the quilt kits as a pre-order. If you aren’t familiar with how it works, here are the details:
- The quilt kit comes with all the fabric needed for the top (including binding). It also includes a hard copy of the pattern.
- You can choose to add the backing if you wish.
- The “Varsity” fabric won’t arrive until August. As soon as we get the fabric in, we cut the kits and send them out.
- To reserve a kit, half of the payment is made at the time of ordering. The other half will be billed at the time of shipping in August.
- Shipping charges will be added in August and depend on the weight of the kit and your location. We charge exact shipping costs- no other handling fees are added.
- The pre-orders will only be available until May 14th. After that date, we can’t guarantee you will get a kit if you would like one.
And if you would just like the pattern, surprise! They are actually finished and you can order them here. Keep in mind that if you order a kit, the pattern will be included.
If you follow us on Instagram, you may have noticed a post from last week. It is actually our Label Crew project for May. It is the cutest Mug Rug made with Feed Company fabric.
We took some of the graphics from our Feed Co. BOM quilt and made little labels out of them! If you aren’t a Label Crew member and would like the labels, don’t worry! They will be listed in our store soon!
If you would like more information on the Label Crew, click here.
Just a few more things-
We need to announce our winners of our latest contest- the one for the Spirit Quilt blocks. For some reason, a lot of you had trouble posting comments this time, so many of you had to e-mail in your entries. I think everything is fixed now, and all new comments can be posted. Here are the winners:
Emily, who wrote:
I’m doing a happy dance! This idea is genius. I would pick red for my college, Alabama!
We are participating in Moda’s Designer Blog Takeover. Come back on Thursday! Here is the entire schedule if you have missed anything:
April 27th –
- Amy Ellis – Amy’s Creative Side
- Anne Sutton – Bunny Hill
- Pat Sloan – Pat Sloan
- Joanna Figueroa – Fig Tree Quilts
- Lisa Bongean – Primitive Gatherings
April 28th –
- Kathy Schmitz – Kathy Schmitz Studios
- Brgitte Heitland – Zen Chic
- Vanessa Christenson – V & Co.
- The Cutting Table – Lissa Alexander… uh oh…
- Edyta Sitar – Laundry Basket Quilts
- Rachel Brenchley – Basic Grey
April 29th –
- April Rosenthal – April Rosenthal
- Alma Allen – Blackbird Designs
- Barbara Groves – Me & My Sister
- Brenda Riddle – Brenda Riddle Designs
- Kate Spain – Kate Spain
April 30th –
- Deb Strain – Deb Strain
- Jen Kingwell – Jen Kingwell Designs
- Lynne Hagmeier – Kansas Troubles
- Vanessa Goertzen – Lella Boutique
- Karla Eisenach – Sweetwater
- Janet Clare – Janet Clare Designs
May 1st –
- Jan Patek – Jan Patek
- Sherri McConnell – Sherri & Chelsi A Quilting Life
- Betsy Chutchian – Betsy Chutchian
- Laurie Simpson – Minick & Simpson
- Sandy Gervais – Pieces From My Heart
- Corey Yoder – Little Miss Shabby
Have a great day and see you on Thursday!